What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Where we place cookies
We automatically set cookies when you visit our mosswood.com.au website.
Types of Cookie
The table below explains the types of cookies we use on our websites and why we use them.
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are essential for our website to perform their basic functions. These include those required to save the contents of your basket/cart when using our online store, applying your member discount when applicable.
- Functionality: These cookies are used to store preferences set by users.
- Analytics and Performance: Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our website, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our website functions and to understand how users interact with it.
- Advertising: These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to visitors who visit our website, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our website. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products you’ve viewed or acts you have taken on our (and other) websites. These are set by trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.
Below are examples of the cookies set by Moss Wood, with explanations of their purpose. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, but rather aims to be representative. Information about cookies that may be set by third parties, such as our ads partners, is below.
- fr***: Our website uses Facebook’s pixel, a service that lets us measure, optimise and build audiences for our advertising campaigns. You can find out about Facebook’s cookies here.
Analytics and Performance
- utma / utmb / utmc / utmt / utmz / ga / gat / gid: Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which gathers information that helps us understand how visitors interact with our website. You can find out about Google Analytics’ cookies here.
- _hj***: Our website uses Hotjar, a service which gathers information that helps us understand how visitors interact with our website. You can find out about Hotjar’s cookies here.
- aelia_cs_selected_currency: Used in order to determine which currency is being used when a user visits our online store. Set immediately on page load and retained for 24 hours to remember the visitor’s nominated currency.
- woocommerce_items_in_cart / woocommerce_cart_hash / wp_woocommerce_session*** / member_pricing_applies: Stores details of your session when purchasing online from Moss Wood.
- dgd_scrollbox-***: Used to remember whether or not you have dismissed one of the popup banners displayed on our website (such as the “member login” popup).
- eucookielaw: Remembers the state of visitor acceptance to the cookie usage banner.
Please note that this section is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather aims to be representative.