Private visits to Moss Wood
A Privilege of Moss Wood Membership
At Moss Wood we welcome members for tastings and private visits by appointment only.
Our visits are unhurried and you will be guided by knowledgeable and experienced personnel through the winery and be introduced to our history, philosophy, vineyards and wines. You will taste wine from barrel and tank and visit the museum where you will view back vintages of Moss Wood wines. During vintage (February to April) you may see the processing of the grapes and also try pressed juice during various stages of fermentation. A visit to Moss Wood is a rare and sought after experience not to be missed.
There is a small charge of $80.00 per visit which is redeemable against any wine purchased on the day. Although visits can be requested for times between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Saturday, we are a working winery with a small dedicated staff and as such we ask you, if possible, to give us 2 or 3 days’ notice and may not always be able to accommodate your request. We will always try and if not this time, hopefully on your next visit to the area.
With our best regards,
Clare & Keith Mugford
If you are not a Member yet, please click below to sign up.
- We can host up to six people without difficulty including guests who are not wine tasting and children. If you are hoping to have a group more than six, please discuss this with us and we can see if we can make arrangement to look after you all.
- Moss Wood is a working winery. For your safety, we encourage you to wear adequate footwear to visit as there are steps and uneven surfaces.
For your safety please listen to your hosts instructions, follow all signage and stay with the group and your host at all times. It can compromise the quality and length of your visit if we are not able to keep track of all of your party or if we feel safety instructions aren’t being followed.
- We welcome you taking photographs during your visit but, of course, please ask permission of people if you wish to photograph them.
- We encourage you to limit your phone usage as much as possible during a visit. Naturally it will mean you and others might miss things that you have come to see and hear.
- The Moss Wood and Ribbon Vale properties are smoke free areas and a total smoking ban exists on all areas of these properties.
We are very pleased that from Saturday 6th June we are once again able to welcome our members currently in Western Australia back to Moss Wood by appointment.
In line with Western Australia’s Phase 3 restrictions this will be for a seated but progressive tasting (we will have seating available for you to taste from in each of the buildings we visit). This way we are still able to offer the same traditional winery visit as we have in the past.